Lift, rotate and palletize spur gears: here the intelligent solution
6 June 2019
This company needed a solution for making it easier, safer and quicker for their operator to lift, rotate and move greasy spur gears of different sizes with a diameter ranging from 373 mm to 531mm and weight up to 30 kg.
The lifting aid had to be suitable for different work cycles as follows:
- picking from pallet, 180° tilting and release on marking machine at 500 mm
- picking from the machine and release on the pallet
- picking from the pallet, 90° tilting and 90° rotation then release on the hardening basket at 1200 mm height
- picking from the basket and release on the pallet
- picking from the pallet and release into the sandblasting basket, which has 4 closed sides
- picking from the basket, 90° tilting and release on the pins of the shotblasting machine at different heights ranging from 1200 mm to 1960 mm.
- picking from the machine pins, 90° tilting and release onto the pallet.
The intelligent INDEVA® manipulator proved to be the best solution: ergonomics and safety for the operator are granted by the INDEVA® electronic control and its intrinsic safety devices; the productivity has significantly improved.